The only positions open are the ones listed here. Please DO NOT submit your resume if you do not meet the qualifications for one of the jobs below; it will be discarded without reply.
Northern Stage Director of Development
Northern Stage’s Director of Development (DOD) is part of an energized, rural, professional theater company with a mission of changing lives, one story at a time. The DOD oversees the planning and operations of the Development Department. DOD is responsible for attaining 50-55% of the annual income expectations for the company (goal of ~$1.3MM for current fiscal year) through a variety of strategies and is an active ambassador for the theater. The DOD reports directly to the Managing Director, works closely with an active and committed Board of Directors, is integral to the work of the company’s Leadership Team and is accountable for the following:
- DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY CREATION AND IMPLEMENTATION
- MAJOR DONOR CULTIVATION AND STEWARDSHIP
- INDIVIDUAL GIVING
- INSTITUTIONAL GIVING
- BOARD RELATIONS AND ENGAGEMENT
- DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT EVENT COORDINATION
- EXTERNAL RENTALS/HOSTING
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATIONS /MARKETING LIAISON
- RECORDS MANAGEMENT.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university or college.
- Successful development, engagement, and management experience – minimum 3 years.
- Strong planning, strategy, financial, budgeting, analytical, and communication skills — both written and oral.
- A passion for the cultural arts and NS’s mission, programs, and future plans.
- Excellent manager of people and workstreams.
- Demonstrates discretion and decorum in communications.
- Maintain confidentiality with unquestionable integrity.
- Exquisite attention to detail in both planning and execution.
- An ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while setting and adhering to priorities.
- Familiarity with the greater Upper Valley of VT/NH area is a plus.
- Time flexibility and willingness to work evenings/weekends to attend NS performances and cultivation events.
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn new systems. Experience with Fundraising software (PatronManager CRM database or equivalent) a plus.
COMPENSATION: The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience
START DATE: December 1, 2017 or sooner.
JOB TYPE: Full time
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit the following materials in MS Word or PDF electronic form to email@example.com with “Director of Development” in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- Resume with salary history
- Three (3) development writing samples
- Three (3) professional references, who will not be contacted without the approval of the candidate
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please email only, do not mail hard copies. Applications will be acknowledged.
Click here for a downloadable PDF of the full description: NS Dev Dir full job description