Thank you so much for your interest in Northern Stage!
Actors: We do not accept unsolicited submissions but instead run EPA auditions annually in the spring in New York and locally in White River Junction. All are announced through Actor’s Equity. Please also keep an eye out for non-Equity local auditions in June. Information will be posted here on the jobs page of our website. You can also sign up for our e-newsletters as we frequently announce auditions and job postings there as well.
All other employment (musicians, choreographers, administrative staff, production staff, stage management, etc.): Northern Stage posts job opportunities on OffStageJobs.com, Playbill.com, or ArtSearch.com and here on the jobs page of our website. You can also sign up for our e-newsletters as we frequently announce auditions and job postings there as well. Please DO NOT submit your resume if you do not meet the qualifications; it will be discarded without reply.
Non-Equity Local Auditions
Northern Stage will hold Non-equity local auditions for our upcoming 2018-19 Season on Friday, June 22, 2018 from 10 AM-2 PM in the Schleicher Rehearsal and Education Studio of the Barrette Center for the Arts located at 74 Gates Street, White River Junction, VT. In attendance is Associate Director Amanda Rafuse. Please come prepared with a headshot and resumé and either 2 contrasting monologues or a monologue and 2-3 minutes of a song to sing a cappella. To sign up, please click here. Please visit our Shows and Tickets page to learn more about Northern Stage’s 2018-19 Season.
Northern Stage seeks a full-time Development Manager who is passionate about live theater and community engagement.
Northern Stage is a regional non-profit LORT-D professional theater company with a mission to change lives, one story at a time. Located in White River Junction, VT, Northern Stage actively involves its audiences with ambitious productions and expansive educational programs in its new home, the intimate 240-seat Barrette Center for the Arts. The company is now in its 22nd season with annual attendance over 35,000.
Northern Stage’s Development Team is responsible for raising $2.7MM in contributed funds for the current fiscal year. This is achieved through a variety of strategies including major gifts, corporate partnerships, annual fund drives, government and foundation grants, and other special development initiatives.
Development Manager Job Description
The Development Manager plays a key role on Northern Stage’s Development Team. Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Development Manager will work to establish new partnerships, strengthen existing relationships, and create new contacts within the corporate and individual giving sectors. He/She/They will provide strategic direction and oversight of the annual fund campaign, donor events, and special development initiatives, as well as play an active role in community engagement activities, designed to bring donors into a closer relationship with the artists and craft of Northern Stage.
The ideal candidate will provide the expertise and enthusiasm to advance Northern Stage’s mission by maintaining strong communication with corporate partners and individual donors, stewarding relationships, researching funding opportunities through foundation and government sources, and participating in donor events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify corporate partner prospects and conduct research to determine interest and giving potential
- Develop, manage, and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for individual giving initiatives
- Research funding opportunities through foundations and government sources
- Plan, manage, and implement community engagement events and administer donor benefits
- Maintain donor database to accurately track development activity
- Prepare and organize reporting required for foundation activities
- Support all development activities, projects, and events
- Support the work of the Director of Development, Managing Director, and Producing Artistic Director as needed
- Work to fulfill Northern Stage’s mission to change lives, one story at a time and strive to maintain the values of the organization in all activities and interactions
- 2 to 5 years of nonprofit development experience
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies, particularly in the areas of corporate and individual giving
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Sharp attention to detail and keen organizational skills
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and think on your feet
- Flexibility with shifting priorities
- Ability to both collaborate in a team environment as well as work independently
- Experience with PatronManager CRM system a plus
Full-time / Salaried
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, plus housing available within walking distance of the theater
Start Date: August 2018
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and three professional references in PDF format to Margaret Hunton, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words “Development Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.