L to R Charlie Hudson, Brittany Bellizeare. Copyright 2016 Rob Strong
Welcome to our new home.
After almost exactly one year of construction beginning with a groundbreaking ceremony on October 3, 2014, Northern Stage welcomed the public into our new home, The Barrette Center for the Arts, with a ribbon cutting and open house on October 10, 2015. With 17,000 gross square feet, our new home features:
- An intimate, modern, and beautiful 240-seat theater with unobstructed sight-lines and no seat farther than 38 feet from the stage.
- Bright and visible frontage will make our new home welcoming to patrons and bring new aesthetic vitality to White River Junction.
- Ground floor access with a drop-off area and an easily accessible box office.
- A spacious lobby with welcome amenities, including concessions, coat rooms, art from area galleries on the walls, and attractive and ample restroom facilities.
- A thrust stage very much like our current stage at the Brigg’s Opera House.
- A comfortable seating arrangement with wide seats, more than 3 feet between rows, and unobstructed views of the stage.
- Modern facilities throughout the building including a hearing assistance system, an elevator to the second-floor lobby, and accessible seating in both the first row and the last row.
- A flexible new rehearsal/classroom for actors and students to explore the craft of theater.
- Increased ceiling heights will provide greater flexibility for dramatic use of lighting.
- More backstage space and larger doors will allow designers full range of creativity and scope for imagination.
- State-of-the-art acoustics and sound systems will ensure every word is heard.
Videos & Links about the BCA
Click here to watch a time-lapse video of the construction process.
Check out photos from the construction site by clicking here.
Click here to watch a video of construction progress as of January, 2015.
Click here to watch a narrated animated tour of the Barrette Center for the Arts.