Photo Copyright 2017 Kata Sasvari
Northern Stage Short Term and Summer Internships:
Northern Stage’s internships are designed to provide students a supportive environment in which to learn about all aspects of creating theater. Our Summer Internships are 6 – 8 weeks in June/July while Short Term internships can be structured around school vacation schedules. Interns are in college or recently graduated. We accept 1 – 3 people for Summer Internships, and other Short Term Internships are accepted on an as-available basis.
Northern Stage’s Internships are highly demanding experiences that require willingness to try new things, to listen, to learn, and to get hands dirty. We believe in paying theater artists for their hard work and offer compensation for these internships based on the hours worked and experience (normally, a stipend of $150/week, housing, and use of a shared company car if needed). No task is too large or too small at Northern Stage, and all activities support our mission of changing lives, one, story at a time.
Interns will serve in various capacities across the administration and production teams of Northern Stage. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Education – BridgeUP Theater in the Schools program support, adult education program support, and youth education program support at the direction of the Director of Artistic Outreach.
- Development – project work may include filing, helping with donor events, organizing and executing mailings, and supporting community engagement activities under the direction of the Director of Development.
- Sales and Marketing – project work may include postering, social media support, data management, and supporting Sales and Marketing activities at the request of the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Public and External Events – front of house management or ushering, hosting, providing support for rentals, etc. under the direction of the Associate Director or Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Education/Production: Summer Musical Theater Intensive production support (props, paints, stage management, scenic, lighting, sound, etc.) under the direction of the Production Manager.