Backstage@NorthernStage: Contemporary Drama
Immerse yourself in the captivating world of contemporary drama with the team at Northern Stage, the Upper Valley’s home for intimate, world-class theater. As we kick off our season with the Broadway smash hit A Doll’s House, Part 2 and a world premiere play Jordan, get behind the scenes and learn all that goes into creating these unique theatrical experiences. Backstage@Northern Stage: Contemporary Drama is a series of experiential workshops and discussions led by members of Northern Stage’s Leadership Team, special guests, and members of the design teams and casts of our two fall plays. This Osher class meets Fridays, 5:00 – 7:00 PM, September 20 – October 11.
- State of Play: Join a spirited panel discussion about the state of American playwriting, and about Northern Stage’s new play development with Producing Artistic Director Carol Dunne, A Doll’s House, Part 2 Director Peter Hackett, and BOLD Associate Artistic Director and Jordan director Jess Chayes
- Managing a Theater: An insider’s look at the balancing act of the not-for-profit theater scene with Managing Director Irene Green, and members of our Development and Marketing teams
- Design to Reality: Meet members of our production and design team and discover the process of bringing designs to life
- Technology comes to life: Join Dartmouth Professor and Director of the Neukom Institute for Computational Science Dan Rockmore and Jordan playwright Brenda Withers, for a discussion on the intersections of art and science and how we can process our collective future through theater.
- Plus, invitations to additional special events.
Success in business means finding comfort in uncomfortable situations and building a highly effective team. We can customize a program to help employees or individuals work on public speaking, presentation skills, team building, and more using acting and theater techniques. Interested in a day with your co-workers or employees?
Contact Eric Love at email@example.com to schedule a workshop tailored to your needs.