Thank you so much for your interest in Northern Stage!
Actors: We do not accept unsolicited submissions but instead run EPA auditions annually in the spring in New York and locally in White River Junction. All are announced through Actor’s Equity. Please also keep an eye out for non-Equity local auditions in June. Information will be posted here on the jobs page of our website. You can also sign up for our e-newsletters as we frequently announce auditions and job postings there as well.The Sound of Music Young Performer Audition Information Session:
All other employment (musicians, choreographers, administrative staff, production staff, stage management, etc.): Northern Stage posts job opportunities on OffStageJobs.com, Playbill.com, or ArtSearch.com and here on the jobs page of our website. You can also sign up for our e-newsletters as we frequently announce auditions and job postings there as well. Please DO NOT submit your resume if you do not meet the qualifications; it will be discarded without reply.
Non-Equity Local Auditions
Northern Stage seasonal auditions have concluded for the 19-20 season. Auditions will be posted here as they are available.
Contract Dates: Position is open until filled.
• Work directly with the Director of Development and team on strategy, materials, and implementation for annual appeal and donor memberships/renewals, as well as other cultivation processes and initiatives
• Accurately maintain donor database, process gifts, complete acknowledgement letters in a timely fashion, participate in calling campaigns, and maintain paper records
• Create donor reports and lists for playbills
• Assist with managing/implementing donor events
• Keep calendar/schedule for all development prospects and stewards. Act as clerical point person for the department’s administrative functions
• Support additional fundraising and cultivation events including but not limited to pre-show hosting and special event programs
• Attend, participate, and sometimes take and distribute notes for weekly development team meetings, and other meetings as scheduled
• Support ongoing efforts to record all development processes in Northern Stage development manual
• Research foundations and apply for grant opportunities under the direction of the Development Director
• Strategize and implement tactics devised to streamline development processes (data management, donation processing, etc.)
• Support and collaborate with the Director of Development, Development Manager and the wider company
● A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university or college.
● Strong ability to organize and analyze. Excellent communication skills — both written and verbal.
● Desire and ability to establish and maintain meaningful relationships with a wide range of donors.
● High degree of initiative, excellent attention to detail, ability to work as a team and also lead
● A passion for the cultural arts and Northern Stage’s mission, programs, and future plans.
● An ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while setting priorities.
● Familiarity with the greater Upper Valley of VT/NH area is a plus.
● The willingness and ability to work evenings/weekends to attend Northern Stage performances and represent Northern Stage at events.
● Computer proficiency and ability to master fundraising software (experience with PatronManager CRM a plus), Google platform, Mailchimp, WordPress and Excel. Previous experience with nonprofit development work a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit the following materials in MS Word or PDF electronic form to Managing Director Irene Green (email@example.com) with “Development Associate” in the subject line:
● Cover letter
● One (1) writing sample
● Three (3) professional references, who will not be contacted without the approval of the candidate
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Applications will be acknowledged. Please email only, do not mail hard copies.