Thank you so much for your interest in Northern Stage!
Actors: We do not accept unsolicited submissions but instead run EPA auditions annually in the spring in New York and locally in White River Junction. All are announced through Actor’s Equity. Please also keep an eye out for non-Equity local auditions in June. Information will be posted here on the jobs page of our website. You can also sign up for our e-newsletters as we frequently announce auditions and job postings there as well.The Sound of Music Young Performer Audition Information Session:
All other employment (musicians, choreographers, administrative staff, production staff, stage management, etc.): Northern Stage posts job opportunities on OffStageJobs.com, Playbill.com, or ArtSearch.com and here on the jobs page of our website. You can also sign up for our e-newsletters as we frequently announce auditions and job postings there as well. Please DO NOT submit your resume if you do not meet the qualifications; it will be discarded without reply.
Non-Equity Local Auditions
Northern Stage seasonal auditions have concluded for the 19-20 season. Auditions will be posted here as they are available.
Salary: $800/week. There is also an option to take a lower salary and live in provided housing.
Contract Start Date: September 2, 2019 is ideal
Northern Stage seeks an experienced Technical Director to join the full time staff. Northern Stage is a LORT D 240 seat regional theater, producing 6 mainstage shows, educational programs, a New Works festival, and 4-6 other events year-round. This position reports directly to the Production Manager, and will work closely with production department heads and the ATD to coordinate and plan all scenic activity necessary to execute programming. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who displays leadership qualities and will execute required duties with a positive attitude. Standard work days are Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm, but expect to work some nights and weekends as the schedule requires.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Manage daily operations of scene shop and carpentry staff, including scheduling and budgeting.
• Review all scenic designs: Coordinate with the Scenic Designer to ensure that budget and safety needs of the design are met, and work with Paints/Props to maintain a through-line for all elements of the scenic design.
• Along with ATD, draft construction drawings for all scenic elements.
• Order materials and shop supplies and coordinate delivery or transportation of materials.
• Oversee engineering, construction, installation, and strike of scenic elements for all events.
• Make the safety of all technical employees, work environments, procedures, and materials the utmost priority by ensuring compliance with all applicable safety standards and laws.
• Oversee scenic department production rentals.
• Work with PM to hire all scenic staff, including full-time staff and over hire.
• Provide onsite scenic department support for staff and creatives during tech/previews.
• Work alongside apprentices, promoting a healthy work/learning environment.
• Work with Managing Director to oversee facility upkeep and coordinate facility contractors.
• Three plus years advanced professional theater carpentry and/or related educational experience, including professional experience as TD and/or ATD.
• Proven ability to evaluate, budget, engineer, and execute complex scenery.
• Proficiency in CAD, Vectorworks, and Microsoft Office.
• Experience reading ground plans, light plots and other theatrical specifications a plus.
• Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain a positive attitude in stressful environments.
• Excellent numerical skills and attention to detail. Experience managing and adhering to budgets.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a box truck.
• Comfortable working at heights in excess of 20 feet in a lift and on a tension mesh grid.
• Ability to safely lift 75 lbs.
• BA or BFA in technical theater a plus.
• Experience and interest in theater and building maintenance a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and three professional references in PDF format to email@example.com and include the words “TD search” in the subject. Please include a sample of CAD or Vectorworks draftings in their original DWG (back dated to 2016) or VWX (back dated to 2018) format. To learn more about Northern Stage, please visit our website: www.northernstage.org. No phone calls please.
Box Office Manager
Salary: $350/week, plus housing (utilities/internet included)
Contract Start Date: This position is open until filled.
The Box Office Manager is critical to the success of Northern Stage. This position is responsible for the customer experience, engaging and stewarding patrons at every point of encounter with the organization. The Box Office Manager will oversee all Box Office and Front of House operations, lead sales and marketing campaigns, build events and reports in our database, and manage Box Office staff. The Box Office Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing. This is a full time position and will require daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Staff box office (approximately 20 hours per week)
• Manage and train Box Office staff
• Financial reporting on all earned income
• Manage group sales and student matinees
• Lead sales and marketing campaigns
• Serve as liaison for all patron requests to break box office policies
• Maintain knowledge of company and events happening in the space
• Database management: maintain data integrity and build events, subscriptions, and reports.
• Box Office experience
• Works well on a team and with a team-based approach to work
• Excellent writing skills
• Detail-oriented, friendly attitude, and passionate about live theater
• Management experience a plus
• Experience with Patron Manager CRM a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references in PDF format to Ruby Summers, Director of Sales & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.