The gift of time is a precious one. Northern Stage depends on the dedication and talent of a growing family of community volunteers to keep our theater running smoothly and to provide critical support to our artists, administrators, and production staff. Please note that you must be 16 years of age or older to volunteer with Northern Stage.
If you would like to become a volunteer, please contact our Box Office at 802-296-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to go over all the possible ways you can help Northern Stage.
Interested in getting to know the artists, directors, designers, and staff of Northern Stage? Consider joining the Backstagers. This volunteer group provides dress rehearsal dinners for the cast and crew and are then invited to watch the dress run after each dinner they help prepare. There’s no better way to get to know the artists of Northern Stage.
Welcome patrons to the theater as an usher at Northern Stage and see the performance for free. All ushers must attend an orientation each season before ushering. Click here to view the usher policy guide.
How the online sign-up works:
1. The link below will take you to a page where you sign in to your Volunteer account. Sign in on this page.
2. Check your email and open the email from “Volunteers Site Guest User”
3. Click on the link in the email and sign in to your account.
4. Once you are signed in, click on “Volunteer Jobs” in the menu bar at the top of the page.
5. This will open a link showing the upcoming usher spots. To see the entire season, click in the URL at the top of your screen and change the final “1” in the website (https://northernstage.secure.force.com/volunteer/GW_Volunteers__PersonalSiteJobListing?Language=en-us&nMonthsToShow=1) to a “24” – so it will look like this: https://northernstage.secure.force.com/volunteer/GW_Volunteers__PersonalSiteJobListing?Language=en-us&nMonthsToShow=24.
6. Sign up to usher!
ALTERNATE OPTION: You can also click on “Job Calendar” in the menu bar and scroll through a calendar to see all the available usher dates.
TO CANCEL A SHIFT: You should see the shifts you are signed up for at the bottom left-hand side of your Volunteer account page. Click on the Red button with a trashcan symbol in it below the word “Cancel” to cancel your shift.
If you have not attended an orientation, this system will not allow you to sign up. The next usher orientation will be held in the summer.
Spread the word about Northern Stage in your town! Put up posters for our productions and receive a complimentary ticket for each production that you poster for. Each volunteer is eligible to receive two vouchers to a preview performance OR one voucher to a regular performance when the poster sheet is returned to the box office before the first preview.